On behalf of the SFC board and management team, we thank Mal Bruce for assisting us in the Club Captain role since March 2020. Mal has not been able to achieve much by the way of club events over this period due to COVID-19, but has been assisting us with other behind-the-scenes projects instead.
We are pleased to announce that we will offer the Club Captain role as a one-year fixed-term position, renewed on an annual basis around the time of the AGM. As such, this is a call for nominations.
What does the role entail?
The role encompasses, but is not limited to:
- Working with the marketing team regarding the organisation and execution of fly-away events
- Assist in flight planning and coordination of pilots and planes
- Communicate with participants about the event
- Help arrange details such as food, accommodation and resources should the event require it
- Upholding SFC club culture – i.e. being inclusive, encouraging and informative
- Protecting the assets of SFC with the highest regard to safety and aviation regulations
- Represent SFC at an organisational level with bodies such as AOPA and RFACA
What are the terms and conditions for Club Captain?
In order to nominate yourself for SFC Club Captain, you should be aware of the following guidelines for the position:
- The SFC Club Captain is a volunteer position
- However, SFC covers the cost of the Club Captain’s participation in club events where these are organised by the Club Captain
- The Club Captain also gets access to SFC staff rates on the private hire rate of the SFC fleet
- The Club Captain has an official role under the board, but is not a part of the board
- The Club Captain reports directly to the SFC CEO
- The Club Captain must be a financial member of Schofields Flying Club Ltd
- The Club Captain must hold a CASA flight crew licence of PPL level or higher, a current flight review, a
current ASIC and a valid Class 2 medical or higher
- Club Captain’s expenses and budgets must have pre-approval before an event and be signed-off by the CEO
Interested? If so, please express your interest by contacting Matthew Piers and letting him know what you would bring to the role. Nominations close Friday 14th August 2020.