SFC Response and Member Guidance
Updated 3rd January 2022
The SFC COVID Protocol has been amended for the changes made by the NSW Government from the 27 December 2021
Please find below our latest guidance in regard to how COVID-19 is affecting college and club operations, and how you can help.
There is no requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to use SFC facilities or premises, or to provide proof of vaccination to SFC staff on entry.
General Entry Procedures to any SFC site
Upon Entry to any of SFC’s Premises staff, students, visitors, members, and contractors are required to sign in using the Service NSW QR Code or if they are unable to using the manual sign in sheet at the desk. this sign in requirement is mandatory for future covid case alerts.
Face mask are required to be worn by anybody who is inside SFC’s Premises, or whilst onboard an aircraft operated by SFC (on a flight other than a solo). A person can remove their face mask if they are eating or drinking, or outdoors.
Impact on our operations
From Wednesday 15th of December 2021, subject to ongoing review and amendment SFC will be continuing operations with changes to COVID-19 policies as per the NSW Government Regulations.
The following operations continue to be conducted in accordance with the SFC COVID Protocol
- Club social activities/social visits
- Flight training
- Theory Classes
- Flight tests/Theory tests
- Private hire
- Trial Instructional Flights
- Visiting the college
Mitigation procedures in place
- Maintain and encourage others to maintain the physical distancing principle of at least 1.5 metres separation, where possible
- Deep cleaning and sanitising of commonly-touched surfaces, both inside the clubhouse and on the fleet, is occurring regularly
- Mandatory reporting of symptoms associated with COVID-19, or a suspected or confirmed diagnosis, is in place for all members, students and staff
- In the event of contamination SFC will close for the required period and those effected will be quarantined for the required time period as directed by NSW Health
- Service NSW COVID-19 check-in on arrival is in place, and completion of this is recommended to assist in contact tracing, should it be required
- Requirement to wear face masks inside any of SFC’s Premises, or whilst onboard an aircraft operated by SFC (on a flight other than a solo)
What we require you to do
- Immediately report to us if you contract the virus, suspect you have contracted the virus, come into contact with someone who has the virus, or develop symptoms of the virus
- Sign in using the Service NSW QR Code
- Wear a face mask whilst onsite, or inside an aircraft being operated by SFC
- Increase your social distancing and avoid group environments when visiting us where possible
- Sanitise hands prior to entering aircraft
- Maximise ventilation in any rooms within which you are working
- Where possible do not share physical objects such as pens/keyboards etc. If unavoidable, then sanitise your hands immediately afterwards
- Wash your hands regularly, and use the hand sanitiser which is available in the clubhouse
- If you plan to spend time with someone in a high-risk category (e.g. pre-existing illness, aged 70+) re-consider your need to attend the college
- If you are an emergency services or care worker, re-consider your need to attend the college
These are uncertain times for the aviation industry around the world, and we hope that by working together we can mitigate the most serious consequences of this situation. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact us.