2020 has been tough on us all, and on many pilots in particular. As a not-for-profit SFC exists primarily to benefit our members, and as such we are launching a new initiative to get pilots off the couch, and back amongst the clouds.
Many pilots are feeling out of practice, and SFC wants to offer members the opportunity to fly with the club captain to refresh those waning skills and build your confidence. Under the Couch to Clouds initiative, you will only be charged private hire rates on the aircraft, your instructor comes free of charge.
You can plan your flight to practice any area that you would like to revise, from circuits, practice forced landings, stalls through to NAV exercises and CTAF procedures. The choice is yours.
If you’re feeling rusty and low on confidence, or you know a pilot who would enjoy this member benefit, please reach out to SFC club captain Tim Lindley at [email protected] or by calling 0424 181 309
Terms and conditions of this offer:
- To qualify for this offer you must have current full membership of SFC and have flown for less than 5.0 hours logbook time in the 2020 calendar year
- Not a member? You can join today to take advantage of this offer
- Free instructor hire is available for one dual flight per member, up to 1.5 VDO time
- Any additional instructor time (above 1.5 VDO) to be charged at normal SFC rates
- Private hire rates will be charged according to the total VDO used, plus any applicable landing fees incurred
- Discount not available on Trial Instructional Flights or combined with any other offer or SFC programme/initiative
- Free instructor hire only valid when flying with Tim Lindley, club captain
- You cannot book these flights through a webform or the front desk. All bookings for the Couch to Clouds initiative must be booked directly with club captain Tim Lindley by email or phone using the details above
- SFC reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time
- SFC’s decisions surrounding the availability of this offer will be final and no correspondence may be entered into