Do you want to become an airline pilot or have an unfulfilled childhood dream to land at one of the worlds most iconic airports?
SFC is going to help you achieve your ambitions by organising a fly-in to Sydney (YSSY) on the morning of Sunday 20th September. Whilst the world is grappling with COVID we can turn lemons into lemonade by seizing a unique opportunity for you to land and take off at Sydney airport! We will then have the fleet return to SFC at Bankstown where we will provide a free BBQ lunch.
With usual airline traffic it is almost impossible (and very expensive) to achieve this, but we have been able to organise it with Air Services Australia and Sydney Tower for a group of aircraft to fly from Bankstown (YSBK) to Sydney (YSSY) for a Stop and Go. Pilots can choose to fly a VFR or an Instrument approach to runway 34L or 16R with amazing approaches either over Botany Bay or over the harbour with the city slipping past your left wing. Once landed on the runway the pilot will turn onto the taxiway, taxi to the new departure point, and then depart.
Total flight time (VDO) should be approximately 1 hr but there is always the option to add a Harbour scenic or return via Victor 1. SFC will help any pilots wanting to participate with the Air Services SLOT booking and the co-ordination with Sydney Tower. Club captain Tim will provide a thorough brief on all procedures required.
- The landing/service fee for Sydney Airport ~$140.00 + Bankstown $25
- Indicative 1 hr return flight: Warrior / Archer ($264/$299)
- If people want to join as a passenger the cost would indicatively be (based on 2 PAX in aircraft) Warrior ~$143 per person / Archer~$155 per person + landing fees
- The event can be organised as a Trial Instructional Flight or a scheduled lesson with an instructor
- Sunday 20th September
- Meet at 10am at the clubhouse (please observe all SFC social distancing rules and PPE requirements)
- Departures between 10:45am and 11:15am
- BBQ lunch at midday
We look forward to seeing you.